Purchase and Download: Granny’s Mixer Cover
This pattern produces an appliance cover sized to fit a standard-sized stand mixer (e.g., Sunbeam Mixmaster, Hamilton Beach Classic or Kitchen Aid Classic). The cover is knit in the round from the bottom up and finished with a Kitchener bind off along the top. The stranded construction allows for an extra thickness of yarn to keep the cover stiff enough to hold its shape over the mixer. This pattern is a sister design of Granny’s Fair Isle Tea Cosy.
- Cast On: Backward’s loop cast-on recommended
- Increase: Knitter’s choice
- Decreases: SSK, K2tog, SSP, P2tog tbl
- Style: Stranded Colorwork
- Bind Off: Kitchener Grafting Stitch
*Specific techniques employed besides or other than basic knit and purl.