Purchase and Download: Granny’s Tea Cosy (Small) on Ravelry
This pattern produces a tea cosy sized to fit a small tea pot (1-pint size). The cosy is knit in the round, from the bottom up, with very subtle shaping and finished with a Kitchener bind off along the top. An optional braided trim provides a decorative loop for hanging. The Fair Isle construction allows for an extra thickness of yarn to keep the tea warm.
A very similar pattern is also available for a standard quart-sized tea pot: Granny’s Fair Isle Tea Cosy (large); additionally, a sister design has been created for a cover for a stand mixer: Granny’s Fair Isle Mixer Cover
- Cast On: Long-tail or cable cast-on recommended
- Increase: Knitter’s choice
- Decreases: SSK, K2tog, SSP, P2tog tbl
- Style: Stranded Colorwork
- Bind Off: Kitchener Grafting Stitch
*Specific techniques employed besides or other than basic knit and purl.